Local Offer Information
Keeping Children Safe
1. What handover arrangements will be made at the start and end of the academy year?
- Main and student reception at separate areas of the academy where parents/carers can wait for students if this is appropriate (all years)
- Learning support staff/teaching assistant meet/greet (all years)
2. What support is being offered during breaktimes and lunchtimes?
- A staffed, Learning Support Centre where students can eat, sit with their friends or interact with other students. Staff can pick up and drop off here should a student require support/supervision on the corridors (years 7 – 11)
- A library area/break out area where homework can be completed (all years)
3. How do you ensure my son/daughter stays safe outside of the classroom (PE lessons, on the corridors and during academy trips)?
- Staff members on duty before/after academy on the corridors and externally in and around the local area
- Learning support staff meet/greet (all years)
- Personal fire evacuation plans for students with a physical disability/impairment (all years)
- Full extensive risk assessments are undertaken for external trips and visits (all years)
- One-on-one support is offered where appropriate
- PE Lessons are fully supervised by teaching staff and support staff (all years)
- Disabled changing facilities are available for students who require additional support and space (all years)
4. What are the arrangements for undertaking risk assessments?
- Risk assessments are completed in line with the Stoke-on-Trent local authority. All risk assessments are approved by the Headteacher before the trip can take place. In some cases, the risk assessments need to be approved by the local authority. (all years)
5. Where can parents find details of policies on bullying?
- All policies are available via the academy website. A hard-copy of the bullying policy (or any other policy) can be requested by telephoning the academy. It can also be requested in an alternative format (all years)
- The Haywood Academy website has the CEOP logo, where students can find information on and report online bullying