Local Offer Information
Health (including Emotional Health and Well-being)
1. What is the academy’s policy on administering medication?
- Medication is all signed for by the student and by the member of staff who gives it to the student. This is then countersigned by another staff member who witnessed this.
- Administering of medication policy found within the first aid policy. This can be requested.
2. What would the academy do in case of a medical emergency?
- The academy has 7 qualified first aiders
- The academy will contact 999 and inform parents
3. How do you ensure that all staff are trained/qualified to deal with a child’s particular needs?
- All staff are trained to at least a level one in Safeguarding/child protection
- Dedicated member of the Senior Leadership team who is qualified in Safeguarding/child protection
- First aid policy
- Asthma policy
4. Which health and therapy services can children access on the academy premises?
- External agencies via MACS place
- Academy nurse ‘drop in’ sessions
- Educational psychologist
- Hearing/Sight specialists