City Learning Trust
Haywood Sixth Form Academy is part of the City Learning Trust, a new multi-academy trust in Stoke-on-Trent with a mission to create a world-class education system for students aged 3-19 in the city.
Michelangelo famously said ‘The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.’ That’s the thinking behind the City Learning Trust.
The goals of the new multi-academy are to:
- give students the skills and qualifications they need to do well in a vocation or Higher Education
- develop their literacy, numeracy, resilience, resourcefulness, enterprise, technological literacy and adaptability
- take care of the most vulnerable students
- build partnerships with great schools
- work with business leaders to inspire entrepreneurship and teach employability skills
- develop leaders and team workers who play an active role in public life
There will be a focus on improved teaching with an outstanding teachers programme to enable top performers to coach and support others, a newly qualified teacher programme and special conferences and network meetings to continuously improve standards.
The new Haywood Sixth Form Academy already has strategic partnerships with local and national Higher Education partners and also with businesses to assist students in their transition to university or employment.
There will also be a careers and guidance strategy that enables young people to articulate their aspirations and understand how to fulfill them.